[ANN] First release candidate of Groovy 1.8

[ANN] First release candidate of Groovy 1.8

The Groovy development team is pleased to tell you about the first release candidate of Groovy 1.8.

We'd appreciate if you could test this release with your application, to report any issue or regression you may find.
Your help is needed and will be very much appreciated.

You can download Groovy 1.8-rc-1 here:

And have a look at the JIRA release notes:

Thanks for your help test driving that Release Candidate.

http://www.springsource.com/g2one

Re: [groovy-dev] [ANN] First release candidate of Groovy 1.8

Russel Winder
On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 21:49 +0100, Guillaume Laforge wrote:
[ . .  .]

> We'd appreciate if you could test this release with your application,
> to report any issue or regression you may find.
> Your help is needed and will be very much appreciated.

Guillaume,

As far as I can see Gant survived the Groovy 1.8.0-beta-4 -> 1.8.0-rc-1
upgrade, showing only an issue that was to do with the fact that Gant
tests are system test more than unit tests.  So not blockers to release
from Gant.

I have uploaded Gant 1.9.4-SNAPSHOT compiled against Groovy 1.6.9, 1.7.8
and 1.8.0-rc-1 and these represent the RC for Gant 1.9.4.  If anyone
gets an opportunity to test these out that too would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Russel.