1 error in UberTestCase and 2 errors in UberTestCase3

1 error in UberTestCase and 2 errors in UberTestCase3

Scott Hickey-3
I'm running Windows XP and Java SDK 1.4

in UberTestCase:

Testcase: testExecuteCommandLineProcessAndUseWaitForOrKill_FAILS_UNLESS_MAC took 0.172 sec
    Caused an ERROR
failed to invoke method: groovy.lang.MetaMethod@749ebc[name: exitValue params: {} returns: int owner: class java.lang.Process] on: java.lang.Win32Process@618565 with arguments: {}reason: java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException: process has not exited
groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: failed to invoke method: groovy.lang.MetaMethod@749ebc[name: exitValue params: {} returns: int owner: class java.lang.Process] on: java.lang.Win32Process@618565 with arguments: {}reason: java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException: process has not exited
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.java:667)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:343)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:144)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:104)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethod(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:85)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeNoArgumentsMethod(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:175)
    at GroovyMethodsTest.testExecuteCommandLineProcessAndUseWaitForOrKill_FAILS_UNLESS_MAC(GroovyMethodsTest.groovy:202)

In UberTestCase3:
Testcase: testSample took 0.125 sec
    Caused an ERROR
No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:710)

Testcase: testFailedParsePrintsUsage took 0.032 sec
    Caused an ERROR
No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter

Yahoo! Mail

Re: 1 error in UberTestCase and 2 errors in UberTestCase3

Jochen Theodorou
Scott Hickey schrieb:
> I'm running Windows XP and Java SDK 1.4
>
> in UberTestCase:
>
> Testcase:
> testExecuteCommandLineProcessAndUseWaitForOrKill_FAILS_UNLESS_MAC took
> 0.172 sec

I made yesterday a change to fix this, is this testcase with
"consumeProcessOutput" (GroovyMethodsTest 1.37, DefaultGroovyMethods
1.999) ?

> In UberTestCase3:
> Testcase: testSample took 0.125 sec
>     Caused an ERROR
> No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter
[...]
> Testcase: testFailedParsePrintsUsage took 0.032 sec
>     Caused an ERROR
> No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter

this exception seems to be caused by a conflicting commons-cli lib. You
should search everywhere on your computer for a second commons-cli.

Re: 1 error in UberTestCase and 2 errors in UberTestCase3

Scott Hickey-3
I'm not a maven expert but I think  I'm accessing the right jar. I added the following code to CliBuilder.groovy:

Class c = (new org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter()).class
java.security.ProtectionDomain protectionDomain = c.getProtectionDomain () ;
java.security.CodeSource codeSource = protectionDomain.getCodeSource () ;
java.net.URL url = codeSource.getLocation () ;
String path = url.getFile () ;
println "******* ${path}"

And got this output:<a href="Compose?box=Inbox&amp;Mid=8229_7283876_10468_1918_798_0_7208_-1_0&amp;inc=&amp;Search=&amp;YY=22564&amp;order=down&amp;sort=date&amp;pos=1#" style="" onmouseover="window.status='Font Size';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=window.defaultStatus;return true;">
groovy:test-single:
    [java] Compiling: src\test\groovy\util\CliBuilderTest.groovy
    [java] .******* /C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Scott%20Hickey/.maven/repository/commons-cli/jars/commons-cli-1.0.jar
    [java] E.F..E
    [java] Time: 0.234
    [java] There were 2 errors:
    [java] 1) testSample(CliBuilderTest)groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.
cli.HelpFormatter

Is there something else I should be doing to pull a different jar into my repository?

Scott

tog

On 3/10/06, Jochen Theodorou <[hidden email]> wrote:
Scott Hickey schrieb:
> I'm running Windows XP and Java SDK 1.4
>
> in UberTestCase:
>
> Testcase:
> testExecuteCommandLineProcessAndUseWaitForOrKill_FAILS_UNLESS_MAC took
> 0.172 sec

I made yesterday a change to fix this, is this testcase with
"consumeProcessOutput" (GroovyMethodsTest 1.37, DefaultGroovyMethods
1.999) ?

Aggreed

> In UberTestCase3:
> Testcase: testSample took 0.125 sec
>     Caused an ERROR
> No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter
[...]
> Testcase: testFailedParsePrintsUsage took 0.032 sec
>     Caused an ERROR
> No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter

this exception seems to be caused by a conflicting commons-cli lib. You
should search everywhere on your computer for a second commons-cli.

Jochen, I don't think this is a valid statement. I had a system with only commons-cli
jar files except for maven which had a beta version. I removed  this and replaced the beta version by the 1.0 and I still get the problem.

I am currently looking at this problem.

cheers
tog